Sunday, November 2, 2008

Don't come

I think you shouldn't come here
You're too beautiful for this city
Don't come here, not now
I think you know this already

The dusty air will blur the freshness of your eyes
Car headlights will add to you wrinkles
City clothes will no doubt, suffocate you
Don't come, please
No matter how much I tell you I miss you

Walls and ceilings will make you look smaller
Crowds will suck you in
Smoke would darken your face
and paint it with the expression of indifference
Everyone here has on

Your God will vanish in the grey sky
You'll have to worship mine
Mine's slightly more silent
And not as divine

You have to know this is sincere
Our love is still a seed
It might choke to death here
If not, it will bleed

Remain where there's colour
I'll catch up one day
Untill then, don't bother
And let come what may.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And I thought I can write.
And you said you can't?!

I applaud this piece... bravo, I can learn a lot from you :)

Unsaid said...

oh I don't think there's room for comparison! (that's in your favour)

I love the encouragement :) thanks, really.